Outdoor First Aid
Rescue Emergency Care (REC) Basic First Aid
A one day course (6 hours). The Basic First Aid course is designed to introduce a systematic way of first aid for managing casualties. Learning is through theoretical and practical sessions intermixed with scenarios based on real situations.
If you have a group of people then we can arrange a date and venue to suit you, or we can come to your own venue. Please contact us to discuss this.
- Introduction of a system to cope with all incidents as safely as possible
- Ability to record the baseline measurements of the vital body functions
- Common injuries affecting conscious level
- Common injuries affecting the airway
- Common injuries affecting breathing
- CPR and the use of AED
- Injuries affecting circulation
- Common sprains and fractures
- Common illnesses, Asthma, Anaphylaxis, Epilepsy, Diabetes.
- First Aid kits
- HSE record keeping
This course is certified by REC, a HSE approved provider.
The Basic First Aid course is certified for three years.
Each participant will be given a first aid booklet and hand outs to keep, and will be sent a first aid certificate after successfully completing the course.
Eden Outdoor Adventures will provide any First Aid equipment necessary for the course.
For further details or to organise a date for your own course please feel free to contact us.
£60 per person. If you are bringing a friend or a group then contact us for our special rate!