Outdoor First Aid
Rescue Emergency Care (REC) Emergency First Aid
A two day course (16 hours). The Emergency First Aid course is designed to introduce a systematic way of first aid for managing casualties. Learning is through none technical theory and fun practical sessions intermixed with scenarios based on real situations. These courses are interesting and hands-on and aim to give you the skills you need to manage a real-life scenario in the outdoors. They are suitable for anyone who is active in the outdoor environment, including outdoor instructors, fell-walkers, climbers, canoeists etc.
If you have a group of people needing first aid training in Cumbria, the Lake District or further afield then please contact us with a date and we can organise a course specifically for you and either provide a venue or come to you!
- Introduction of a system to cope with all incidents as safely as possible
- Ability to record the baseline measurements of the vital body functions
- Common injuries affecting conscious level
- Common injuries affecting the airway
- Common injuries affecting breathing
- CPR and the use of AED
- Injuries affecting circulation
- Common sprains and fractures
- Common illnesses, Asthma, Anaphylaxis, Epilepsy, Diabetes
- Common illnesses caused by heat and cold
- Casualty handling and movement
- Dealing with incidents close to help and in more remote settings
- First Aid kits
- HSE record keeping
This course is certified by REC.
The Emergency First Aid course is certified for three years and is recognised by NGBs such as MLT, BCU, RYA to keep certification valid.
Each participant will be given a first aid booklet and hand outs to keep, and will be sent a first aid certificate after successfully completing the course.
Eden Outdoor Adventures will provide any First Aid equipment necessary for the course.
For further details or to organise a date for a course please feel free to contact us.
What our customers say about this...
" Fantastic interactive course! Far better than any previous courses I have done!"
" Excellent, quite scared of doing course but now feel capable of giving temporary, immediate care. Really enjoyed the course, you made a serious subject fun, thank you"
" Excellent course, easy to understand"
£120 per person for the 2 days. If you are bringing a friend or a group then contact us for our special rate!
Contact us to find out when and where we are running courses.